For most women, part of the morning and evening routines involve a skincare regimen of applying creams, moisturizers, tonics, lotions, and the like. To fight the signs of aging, and to maintain youthful looks and beautiful skin! But how many women consider what is in the products they’re using?
Some women probably don’t realize that what they are putting on their skin may actually be undermining what they are trying to prevent to begin with. The truth is the average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily, most of which maintain harmful chemical compounds. Dr. Myron Wentz, founder and chairperson of USANA Health Sciences has this to say about beauty in the June/July 2005 issue of the “USANA Health Sciences” magazine: “Some say that beauty is only skin deep. Nonsense! I believe that true beauty is a reflection of true health, and true health begins deep inside each and every cell in the body. But true health and true beauty have an outer component, which is why we require protection from environmental insults like solar radiation, pollutants in our environment and the drying effects of air… The simple fact is, you simply can’t contain a healthy body if your skin is not healthy. And your skin can’t be healthy if you’re subjecting it to toxic substances that are ultimately absorbed into your body.”
So, what can women do? How do they combat environmental pollutants, the impact of solar radiation, and the drying effects of air? How can they be sure they are using the very best products on their skin so they can be healthy inside and out? Here are 7 tips to assist in this process:
1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products which are all natural as much as possible.
2. Search for products that contain Dermal Surface Renewal Technology. DSR smoothes away present signs of aging like laugh lines, crows feet, and dullness.
3. Use products that have regenisomes. Regenisomes penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sunlight exposure. They also use the light of photosomes to reverse sun damage, and have ultrasomes to renew skin while sleeping.
4. These two vitamins protect the skin from premature aging caused by sunlight, pollution, and other ecological elements. They also offer advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
5. If possible, use products that are paraben free. Parabens are synthetic chemical compounds that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants. They also are typically found in baby lotions, shampoos, and other personal care products for infants and kids. In addition, parabens are in many foods and pharmaceutical products. Researchers are beginning to find parabens in benign and malignant human breast tumors. Though some studies have challenged their toxicity in many products and question their long term affect on humans, using products that are paraben free can eliminate the possibility of exposure to this harmful chemical.
6. Drink loads of water! Water hydrates hair and skin as well as flushes toxins out of the body.
7. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!
Follow the above 7 tips to true beauty and health.